Energy Performance Certificates

An Energy Performance Certificate ranks a building on a scale from A (best) to G (worst). Under the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive, owners, operators and developers of all buildings in the UK (both domestic and non-domestic) need to provide an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) for a building when it is constructed, sold or rented.

Our certified assessors have in-depth knowledge of the National Calculation Methodologies, for both domestic properties and non-domestic properties. These calculations are necessary for demonstrating compliance with Part L of the Building Regulations. The assessment of a new building is usually carried out at design-stage to inform the design process. In doing so you can be assured that the building complies with Part L of the Building Regulations before construction commences.

fourwalls offers Part L calculations and EPCs for new dwellings only where we have been engaged to provide design or design-support. We do not offer a SAP/EPC-only service.